Monday, August 23, 2010

Mundane Musings of a Monotonous Mind

I won't lie about the title. But it reflects the somewhat sombre and melancholy mood that I'm in. I didn't have anything particular to write about, but various small tidbits that I wished to share. Apt title aside, my ramblings are winding and treacherous. I don't know where to start. How about my favourite topic, Arsenal.

Arsenal seem in bad shape, after a lucky draw at a resurgent Liverpool and a thumping win at lowly Blackpool, our frailties in defense are hard to ignore. We need atleast another superb centre-back, a new goalkeeper and adequate cover for Song. Then we can hope to challenge for one of four honours.

Another one of my teams is in dire straits - India. After a disastrous match, humiliating defeat and press debacle, I think somebody needs to teach Dhoni and Co. a few PR skills.

I've had an eventful summer. My internship was an enriching experience. Apart from learning a few technical skills, working in a big office, the work environment, the friendly staff and superb colleagues and managers all made my time at the Kern Organization a fun affair. I leave with a tinge of nostalgia.

Now summer has ended and lo and behold! We are 'seniors' now. Damn, I can hardly believe its been a year in LA. Time has got wings of its own, lifting us up and away into its fold, whisking us into the future.

And yes, shifting officially sucks. Period! I've shifted, packed, unpacked and cleaned to last me a lifetime. Its a pain, a hassle and something that ingenious scientists like ahem, myself, should find a solution to. Portable homes, anyone?

And now I sit looking outside my kitchen window at the empty street below. Soon this will fill with the footsteps of eager students out on the journey of their lives. They will step over the fallen leaves and the damp earth, and before you know it, time will work its magic and I'll be wishing you Merry Christmas.

But then I come to think of it, I realize that it wasn't a monotonous summer after all. I made new friends, moved into a nice new house, worked with some great colleagues, slept little but saw more. That's how grown-up summers are meant to be - hectic but fun, tiring but rewarding. And even though I have a tough Fall ahead, I shall always look back fondly at this summer, the summer of dreams, the summer of substance. The Summer of Liberty!

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."
-- Robert Frost

3 comments:

  1. @souranshu.... well, then the title is apt, ain't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. rula mat be
    I actually couldnt read the entire post...
    kitchen window k baad mein maine padha hi nai

    ReplyDelete